Computing at top speed. Maximum performance and bandwidth for hyperscale data centers and highly-virtualized environments
Lightning Gen. II SAS SSDs feature 12Gb/s interface--double the bandwidth of traditional SATA and SAS drives— and an innovative parallel processing architecture to provide both the peak and sustained performance for transaction processing, media editing and delivery, boot storms, e-commerce and growing numbers of simultaneous users. Lightning SSDs deliver up to 199K/115K1 random read/write IOPS, the highest SAS performance in the industry.
SanDisk® is involved in every aspect of developing SSDs, from producing the innovative NAND flash memory inside our SSDs, to optimizing the energy consumption and reliability of drives for hyperscale environments. We also develop software and firmware that leverages the unique characteristics of flash. Our comprehensive approach and attention to detail allows us to provide you with a five-year warranty2 along with leading performance.
HDD-based video servers are now seriously limiting the scalability and potential of video surveillance, causing risks for both video surveillance companies, and those that they serve. Utilizing flash storage as primary storage represents a new way forward. SanDisk flash storage enables the future demands of organizations with uncompromising video surveillance requirements, including higher quality and resolution, more cameras, no data loss, longer retention periods, and real-time analytics.
Lightning Eco Gen. II SAS SSDs offer solid I/O cost to performance benefits with low latency data access for high quality of service (QoS).
Lightning Ascend Gen. II SAS SSDs offer superior reliability with high speed data transfer rates where quick access to data is essential.
Lightning Ultra Gen. II SAS SSDs offer industry-leading predictable performance with high availability for the analysis of large data sets.
|Lightning Eco™ Gen. II
|Lightning Ascend™ Gen. II SSD||Lightning Ultra™ Gen. II SSD|
|Capacities3||800GB, 1.6TB||200GB, 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB||200GB, 400GB, 800GB|
|Sequential Read/Write MB/s4||Up to 980/6001||Up to 980/6001||Up to 980/7401|
|Random Read/Write IOPS||Up to 195K/80K1||Up to 195K/100K1||Up to 199K/115K1|
|Interface||12Gb/s SAS||12Gb/s SAS||12Gb/s SAS|
|Interface Ports||Dual (x2 wide) full-duplex||Dual (x2 wide) full-duplex||Dual (x2 wide) full-duplex|
|Unrecovered Bit Error Rate (UBER)||<1 sector in 1018 bits read||<1 sector in 1018 bits read||<1 sector in 1019 bits read|
|MTBF||2.5 Million Hours|
|Endurance Random Workload DWPD5||3||10||25|
|Warranty5||Lesser of 5 years or maximum endurance used|
|Data Sheet||Get Data Sheet||Get Data Sheet||Get Data Sheet|
1. Performance may vary by capacity.
2. The earlier of (I) five (5) years or (II) the time at which such Product unit's total cumulative data recorded on such unit at its S.M.A.R.T. attribute (log page 2Fh, parameter 25) or log page 11h, parameter 1 (Percentage Used Endurance Indicator) reaches 100% of the Product unit's endurance value. For more warranty information, please visit kb.sandisk.com
3. 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user capacity less.
4. Up to stated speed. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application.
5. Warranty/DWPD - The lesser of 5 years from the date of manufacture of the product or the date on which the product’s relevant endurance threshold set forth in the product specifications are reached. For more warranty information, please visit kb.sandisk.com.
Whether you'd like to ask a few initial questions or are ready to discuss a SanDisk solution tailored to your organizations's needs, the SanDisk sales team is standing by to help.
We're happy to answer your questions, so please fill out the form below so we can get started.
Thank you. We have received your request.